Win a flight
JDRF Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes Flight Promotion
The JDRF Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes, presented by Sun Life Financial, Flight Prize Promotion (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by the JDRF Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes event and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (the “Sponsor”). To enter participants are required to register for the JDRF Revolution Ride and: (a) fundraise at least $250 CDN online; or (b) email a 350 word essay on why you support JDRF to firstname.lastname@example.org (the “Contest Email”). All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EDT on October 5, 2018. Void where prohibited by law.
1. PROMOTIONAL PERIOD
For the Flight promotion: The promotional period for the Flight Draw starts at 12:01 a.m. EDT on January 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on October 5, 2018 (the “Flight Prize Promotional Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER
- Participants must be legal residents of Canada. The following individuals are not eligible to enter the Promotion: JDRF staff.
- Participants who are under the age of majority in his/her province or territory, as applicable, of residence at the date of entry are eligible to enter the Promotion and win a prize provided that the parent or legal guardian of the entrant accepts any such prize and the terms and conditions hereof for and on behalf of such participant.
There is no purchase necessary to enter the Promotion. Register as a participant in the JDRF Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes event (the “Event”) and fundraise at least $250 CDN online during the Flight Promotional Period to be eligible for the draw for the Flight Prize. Alternatively, to enter the draw to win the Flight Prize, a participant can email a 350 word essay on why you support JDRF to the Contest Email. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EDT on October 5, 2018 to be eligible.
4. THE PRIZE
- The Prize includes: two (2) round-trip economy flights anywhere in Canada/U.S except Hawaii and Alaska. The approximate retail value of the Prize is $1,500.00 CDN (one thousand five hundred Canadian dollars).
- The Flight Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Sponsor accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the Flight Prize that are not expressly included in the Flight Prize. In particular, the Winner is responsible for arranging and paying for his/her own transportation to and from airports, and accommodations.
- The Flight Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or any other prize. The Winner is required to answer a mathematical skill testing question before being awarded the Flight Prize.
- The Winner agrees to provide JDRF with any personal information necessary to book the Flight Prize in the names of the travelers. This includes but is not limited to: full name, birth date, nationality, passport number, and date [see section 6] and time of travel. Once the Flight Prize is booked any changes to flight information will be incurred at the cost of the Winner.
- JDRF will pay airport taxes, fees, and surcharges imposed by the airline and government authority but will not cover any other related costs. The costs that JDRF will not cover include but are not limited to: baggage fees, seat selection, inflight meals, or flight upgrades.
- The booking of the Flight Prize return flights is subject to availability through RBC Avion Rewards. Availability is determined based on airline bookings.
5. ODDS OF WINNING
The odds of winning the Flight Prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Flight Prize Promotional Period.
The Flight Prize Draw will take place on October 12, 2018 at 235 Yorkland Blvd, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario M2J 4Y8. The Winner will be notified by phone and email within seven (7) days. The Winner must contact JDRF to receive the Flight Prize by December 1, 2018 and a minimum of four (4) weeks prior to their proposed departure with their desired flight dates.
The Flight Prize may not be redeemed for travel during the following periods: December 17, 2018 to January 7, 2018 (“Christmas Break”) or March 11, 2019 to March 24, 2019 (“March Break”).
7. GENERAL PROVISONS
- By entering into the Promotion, any subsequent Flight Prize winner agrees to allow the free use of their name and image for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the JDRF Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes event and its sponsors.
- JDRF Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes and the Sponsor accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Promotion or accepting the Flight Prize.
- JDRF Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes and the Sponsor reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Promotion with or without prior notice due to reasons outside their reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).
- The decision of JDRF Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes and the Sponsor in all matters relating to the Promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- JDRF Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes and the Sponsor assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, incomplete or misdirected entries, for any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in computer systems used to enter the Promotion, for any other communications with Promotion entrants, and are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information submitted to the JDRF website. JDRF Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes and the Sponsor assume no liability for any loss or damage, in the event that the Promotion is modified or terminated for any reason.
- The Winner must complete a Flight Prize release form and answer a skill testing question in order to qualify to redeem the Flight Prize.
By entering the Promotion, entrants consent to the Sponsor’s collection, use and disclosure of their personal information, as the Sponsor deem necessary, to facilitate the administration of the Promotion, contacting selected entrants, awarding and delivering the prizes to the Winners and promoting the Promotion and the Sponsor’s related registration activities.
By entering the Promotion, participants agree to be bound by these Promotion Rules. Each participant also agrees that, if he or she is declared a Winner, the Sponsor may use his/her name, city of residence and/or photograph, without compensation, in any future publicity in connection with the Promotion and the Sponsor’s related registration activities.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor, and their respective affiliates, as applicable. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.