Every year the JDRF Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes draws people together in a healthy activity for a worthy cause, raising money for research that helps to cure, better treat and prevent type 1 diabetes (T1D). It's a fun high energy stationary cycling event that builds camaraderie among company employees, friends and family. If you would like to join the fun, but prefer not to Ride, JDRF offers lots of great volunteer opportunities, including:
Bike Area (Pit Crew)
- Monitor functionality of bikes throughout event.
- Ensure teams follow the rules of the Pit.
- Assist in completion and submission of Rider Tracking Forms each hour.
- Monitor and ensure participants enter the Bike Area at the correct time.
- Provide direction to the participants, as necessary.
- Ensure participants can locate their team’s bike.
Food & Refreshment Area
- Ensure all Riders and volunteers receive food and snacks throughout the day.
- Monitor and restock food and snacks.
Fundraising Rewards Area
- Verification and distribution of fundraising rewards to Ride participants.
- Oversee event volunteers when they sign in.
- Operate the information booth for participants.
- Bring your camera and take photographs throughout the event of individual teams, key individuals and special Ride elements (cheque presentations, etc.).
- Process participant pledge forms.
- Report top Rider and team results to the Staging Area on the hour throughout the day.
Set-Up and Take-Down
- Assist JDRF in the set-up of this event either the day before or early morning of the event.
- Tear down includes packing up the event and reloading the truck with materials and props.
VIP Lounge (where applicable)
- Provide assistance and service to the top fundraisers in an exclusive area.
To volunteer, please contact your local JDRF Office, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.